HIC TEST 2018 APARATUS
Being a manufacturer of HIC APPARATUS (Head Injury Criterion apparatus), according to the new standard EN 1177:2018, may we present the new guidelines and recommend the purchase of the equipment. The price will be set individually.
On 1 Jul 2018, the standard PN-EN 1177:2009 ceased to apply. The new standard PN-EN 1177:2018 has introduced numerous changes and restrictions. Therefore, the devices used so far on the European market require adaptation to the requirements of the new standard PN-EN 1177:2018.
APPARATUS FOR DETERMINATION OF IMPACT ATTENUATION
According to the standard EN 1177:2018
1. THE PURPOSE
The APPARATUS FOR DETERMINATION OF IMPACT ATTENUATION is intended to provide information on the surface ability to reduce the impact force to a person’s head. Its main function is to test and determine the value of head injury caused by the fall, according to the standard EN 1177:2018.
2. COMPONENTS OF THE APPARATUSA
- a hemispherical headform in accordance with PN-EN 1177:2018 requirements
- an accelerometer for three axes, mounted at the centre of gravity of the headform
- an accelerometer signal conditioner
- a device recording the acceleration signal
- a program for supervising the system, calculating the HIC value and presenting the measurement results
- a program for presenting the measured gmax results
- an electromagnetic headform release bolt
3. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS according to EN 1177:2018
3.1. The accelerometer
- range of measuring the signal frequencies - 20 - 1000 Hz parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
- maximum measurement error - < 5% parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
- number of measurement axes - 3 parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
3.2. Accelerometer signal conditioning system
- sensor signal sampling rate - >= 20 kHz
- anti-aliasing filter - When the -3 dB upper frequency response of the accelerometer with the signal conditioning system is at a frequency greater than one-quarter of the sampling frequency, an anti-aliasing filter with an attenuation of at least 30 dB at half the sampling rate is to be employed.
- number of simultaneous conversions - 3
3.3. Acceleration recording device
- measurement recording period - max. 2 s parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
- number of data channels recorded - 3 parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
3.4. System controlling program — features & functional requirements
- Windows-compatible (Win 7, Win 10)
- entering the measurement parameter (drop height)
- initiating the measurement cycle (controlling the headform release bolt)
- recording acceleration time history (using *.csv file format)
- presenting acceleration time history graph on screen
- calculating the HIC value for the recorded data
- printing the recorded data
3.5. Electromagnetic headform release bolt
release power - < 12V/2A max parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
bolt displacement force - ~ 3 kG parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
bolt displacement velocity - ~ 100 mm/s parameter in compliance with the new standard EN 1177:2018
The warranty period is 12 months from the date of purchase.