- The ISO 50001 standard focuses primarily on the use and consumption of energy. It defines the energy baseline with the aim of ensuring a correct energy balance and achieving the energy efficiency by establishing the energy performance indicators (EnPIs). The standard ISO 50001 concerns not only effective energy management, but also addresses the protection of the environment. There are many benefits resulting from the implementation and certification of the Energy Management System (EnMS): energy savings, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, depicting an organization as pro-environmental in order to meet, inter alia, the requirements of a tender. The following requirements have been specified in the standard ISO 50001:
- identification of the current and expected energy consumption;
- establishing an energy policy;
- defining areas of significant energy use and establishing action plans for the energy performance improvement;
- introducing the monitoring and measuring system of the energy performance according to the PDCA approach.
- The Energy Management System according to the standard ISO 50001 is intended for organizations of all sizes, regardless of the type of operation or industry. EnMS is particularly useful for the organizations characterized by the significant energy use (such as construction, development and transportation companies) or for those which are obliged to comply with the requirements relating to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
ISO 50001:2011 implementation schedule:
- zero (initial) audit — a consultant / an auditor gets acquainted with the operating of an organization;
- designation and training of a person to perform the duties of the Energy Management System Representative;
- preparation of the implementation of compliance with the standard: preparation of documentation, quality record, execution of procedures;
- energy audit;
- verification (follow-up) audit;
- preparation of the certification audit.
The ISO 50001:2011 certification is carried out in the following stages:
- pre-audit — an external auditor from the selected certification body gets acquainted with the organization's documentation to check whether all the requirements of the relevant standard have been implemented;
- the auditor assesses whether all the elements of the standard have been implemented;
- audit — examining how the quality management system actually works;
- issuing of the authorisation of awarding the certificate.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ISO 50001:2011 CERTIFICATE
feel free to contact us: