Specification describing the Occupational Health and Safety Management System. It has been developed by various certification bodies from around the world. There is still no international standard on Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, but the OHSAS specification covers the essential requirements for these systems. The Polish equivalent is the PN-N-18001: 2004P standard.
The standard is addressed to various organizations, in particular those who want to take action to improve health and safety at work. The main benefit of using this system is constant control of the work safety level. In addition, additional benefits can be distinguished, such as limiting the number of accidents at work, reducing the costs of paying compensation, reducing the number of days in which victims are unable to work, improving the image of the organization as a company that cares for employees and their safety. Having the above Certificate, depending on the industry, gives you the opportunity to get additional points in tenders, contract with the NFZ and apply for various types of subsidies.
The order of IMPLEMENTATION PN-N-18001: 2004P:
- zero audit - a consultant / auditor gets acquainted with the functioning of the organization,
- an indication and training of a person to perform the function of: Health and Safety Attorney,
- preparation of implementation for compliance with the standard: preparation of documentation, quality records, consideration of procedures,
- auditing audit,
- preparation for the certification audit.
CERTIFICATION PN-N-18001: 2004P takes place in several stages:
- pre-audit - an external auditor from the selected certification body gets acquainted with the organization's documentation to check whether all requirements have been implemented,
- the auditor assesses whether all elements of the standard have been implemented,
- audit - examining how the system functions in reality after implementation,
- issuing instructions on the possibility of awarding the Certificate.
The PN-N-18001: 2004P certificate is issued for a period of three years, in the second and third year a supervision audit is carried out. After this period an audit for recertification is carried out. Joining this audit confirms the organization's long-term commitment to the health and safety management system.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ISO 18001 CERTIFICATE
feel free to contact us: